CBRN Group Contact Details
Office: 01822 61 08 08
This is scheduled for 4th March 2014 to be held at Tactical Hazmat Ltd Training Centre Evesham.
Minutes of Meetings
Owing to the sensitive nature of the topics discussed, minutes are not generally made available to non-group members.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
EPS CBRN Group Terms of Reference
1 To represent the Emergency Planning Society (EPS) on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear) emergencies. This includes CBRN emergencies resulting from deliberate, accidental and natural causes.
2 To report key activities of the Group to the main body of the EPS through the Director of Business Services.
East Midlands Branch Statement of Intent
This statement of intent sets out the standards that the East Midlands Branch will deliver as a minimum, towards the wider development and enhancement of the Society and the profession. This document is complimentary to Branch Rules and other Society guidance.
To support the delivery of the Emergency Planning Society‘s strategic aims, and promote the professional interests of East Midlands Branch members.
1. Assist and support the Society in the delivery of the core strategic aims in the East Midlands.
2. Provide a forum for the professional development of Branch members.
3. Assist and support the Society in its work towards Chartered Institute status.
4. Assist and support the Society in its aim to influence policy relating to emergency planning and management.
5. Provide a forum for study of the most effective means of planning and managing local emergency preparation and response.
6. Provide a forum for the dissemination of good practice and lessons identified within the East Midlands.
7. Actively recruit new members to the Society in the East Midlands.
The delivery of the above Aim and Objectives will be the responsibility of the Branch, with the support and assistance of the wider Society.
1. The Branch will organise at least one of each of the following in a 12 month period:
• Annual General Meeting.
• Membership development workshop;
• CPD workshop
2. In addition the Branch will run other events and training days having informed Central Office for promotion via the schedule of events. These events will include forums on critical issues, training and awareness and team building events.
3. The Branch will maintain a schedule of events and meetings on the EPS website to ensure members are informed in advance of dates.
4. Branch Executives and Members will be ambassadors for the Society and the profession.
5. The Branch will provide quarterly communications to members and the wider Society.
6. The Branch will encourage and develop membership of the Society in the East Midlands, to include student and new members.