CBRN Group Contact Details
Office: 01822 61 08 08
This is scheduled for 4th March 2014 to be held at Tactical Hazmat Ltd Training Centre Evesham.
Minutes of Meetings
Owing to the sensitive nature of the topics discussed, minutes are not generally made available to non-group members.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. To represent the Emergency Planning Society (EPS) on oil pollution emergencies. This includes chemical pollution emergencies affecting the UK marine environment and coastline. Pollution affecting inland waterways is also considered.
2. To report key activities of the Group to the main body of the EPS through the Director of Business Services.
3. To act as the profession's main liaison body to facilitate the ongoing development and continuous improvement of maritime pollution response procedures and associated guidance.
4. To influence the development of national policy by liaison with central government and other relevant UK and European bodies. Where appropriate, representatives from those bodies may be co-opted onto the Professional Issue Group (PIG) to support the group's work.
5. To represent the Society on key national working groups (e.g. Maritime & Coastguard Agency chaired groups, etc).
6. To establish internal working sub-groups as necessary, to progress specific areas of main Group activities, and to liaise with other PIGs where appropriate.
7. To share information with the wider EPS membership and external bodies in order to promote good practice.
8. To promote the EPS through the delivery of presentations and attendance at other forums.
9. To encourage participation and sharing of work by all members through regular attendance and personal contribution.
10. To prepare and maintain an annual Business Plan and report activity against targets.
11. To review Group membership annually to ensure an appropriate balance of expertise and to confirm that members are still active.
12. To hold annual elections for the posts of Chair, Vice-chair and Secretary.